Should I Return

Started Jan 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hoTrod2013 New Member • Posts: 5
Should I Return

Hi There,

I'm new to these forums so please be nice.

I am currently torn between the decision of returning my D7000 kit in order to buy the D7100 body. I bought the D7000 + 18-105mm lense kit at Best Buy during Black Friday 2013 (got it at 12/2/2013). I got the bundle for $799.99 + tax brand new.

I have brought it to Hawaii during my holiday vacation and have taken some beautiful pictures. I am new to DSLR and I am amazed at the pictures I've taken with this kit.

After I got back, I researched and learned about the D7100 which many are praising. At the time I bought my kit, I had little research with D7100 and at the time, it was on sale at Amazon thru lightning deal for $799 (body only). I picked the D7000 bundle thinking that it was a better deal because it had a lense with it. Again, I am new to DSLR so please don't criticize. After diligent research and educating myself about the many aspects and attributes of a DSLR, I am concluding that D7100 seem to be a superior model. I have two days left (up to 1/15/2014) to return my kit to get a full refund from Best Buy and invest the money on the D7100. The problem is there is no more deal for the D7100 and it's current price is at $1150 (just body only). Should I return my kit and wait a few months for the D7100 to go on sale or some kind of a deal?

By the way, as I mentioned previously, I am new to DSLR and I like taking pictures of nature and occassionally watch NBA games live so I will be using my cam to take Sports pictures. I also have a newborn which I will be taking a lot of portrait pictures of. Aside from the kit lense, I currently own the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX (for my baby's portraits), a zoom lense (AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED) which I bought from a friend for $400.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow