ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hoTrod2013
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Should I Return
3 months ago

Hi There,

I'm new to these forums so please be nice.

I am currently torn between the decision of returning my D7000 kit in order to buy the D7100 body. I bought the D7000 + 18-105mm lense kit at Best Buy during Black Friday 2013 (got it at 12/2/2013). I got the bundle for $799.99 + tax brand new.

I have brought it to Hawaii during my holiday vacation and have taken some beautiful pictures. I am new to DSLR and I am amazed at the pictures I've taken with this kit.

After I got back, I researched and learned about the D7100 which many are praising. At the time I bought my kit, I had little research with D7100 and at the time, it was on sale at Amazon thru lightning deal for $799 (body only). I picked the D7000 bundle thinking that it was a better deal because it had a lense with it. Again, I am new to DSLR so please don't criticize. After diligent research and educating myself about the many aspects and attributes of a DSLR, I am concluding that D7100 seem to be a superior model. I have two days left (up to 1/15/2014) to return my kit to get a full refund from Best Buy and invest the money on the D7100. The problem is there is no more deal for the D7100 and it's current price is at $1150 (just body only). Should I return my kit and wait a few months for the D7100 to go on sale or some kind of a deal?

By the way, as I mentioned previously, I am new to DSLR and I like taking pictures of nature and occassionally watch NBA games live so I will be using my cam to take Sports pictures. I also have a newborn which I will be taking a lot of portrait pictures of. Aside from the kit lense, I currently own the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX (for my baby's portraits), a zoom lense (AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED) which I bought from a friend for $400.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow