Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
I Know It Has Been Mentioned, But This Is More Confirmation
11 months ago

I happen to be a buddy of an owner of a well-known camera store in New York - Will not mention the name here so no one thinks I am advertising them - but I spoke to him today and I got some more confirmation about the rumors out there.

Per his Sony rep which he talks to on a weekly basis:

1- Yes, the "NEX" name is gone, 100% guaranteed.

2- "Alpha" will be the new names for the APS-C mirrorless cameras.

3- APS-C Mirrorless cameras will have model numbers in the thousands....just like the Alpha 3000 and Alpha 5000.

4- NEX-7 has been discontinued. The NEX-6 will also be discontinued in the future, probably about a month before the replacement is announced. Reason why it has not been discontinued and the NEX-7 has, is because it has sold very well due to its low price.

5- NEX-7 successor will be announced in the first quarter this year. Rumored model name of "Alpha 7000" is not confirmed as of now, simply a rumor. Not even the Sony rep could tell him what the final model name will be, but he did say it will be the flagship APS-C mirrorless camera without a doubt.

6- Sony is working on a F2.8 fixed zoom lens (probably a 16-50 or 17-55). They plan to release a new APS-C lens road map when they announce the NEX-7 successor.

Just thought I would pass on some info that was shared with me today!

Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow