How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,044Gear list
Like?
Re: Native Sony flashes work exceptionally well with manual-focus (no-electronics) lenses on A7
In reply to DWMurf, 11 months ago

It probably depends a bit on what you're used to. For me, a NEX-5 was my first interchangable lens digital camera. I'd shot film for years, then some fixed lens digitals before going to the NEX. Things I tried on the NEX just worked, but I didn't really expect them not too.

Then my wife got a Nikon D5100. I was shocked that you couldn't even meter a Nikon manual focus (AI-S) lens on this Nikon body. I could meter with it on my NEX, but not on the Nikon!

Long story short, if you're used to crippled cameras you may well come to Sony with the expectation that a lot of stuff won't work, when in fact it does. Did you know you can take panoramics with those old manual lenses too? Has to be at 1/500th, but you can do it.

-- hide signature --

A7 with kit lens and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow