Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ThaVWMan
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Good Speedlite For E-M1
6 months ago

Hello everyone, I need a bit of assistance.  Just picked up an E-M1 and am trying to get used to using it over my old D7000.  I had an SB-700 for the nikon, so that is what I have to compare to.  When I bought the E-M1, I also picked up a used FL-36 for cheap hoping that it would suffice for my needs.  Well, tried shooting with it, and it just couldnt keep up on the recycle times.  Constantly missed pictures at a birthday party because the camera was waiting on the flash to charge up.

So, going to take the FL-36 back and need some advice on what to consider.  My first thought was to just get an FL-600R and be done with it (they are $50 off right now), but I know there are probably just as good 3rd party ones that I could get.  I understand using a flash in manual mode in a studio type situation where I can adjust the output in a controlled environment, but what about on the go just connected to the hotshoe?  Am I going to want/need to stick with a flash that has TTL support?  Any help and education on the need for a TTL flash would be much appreciated!

ThaVWMan's gear list:ThaVWMan's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +3 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow