Should anyone be fired for being too attractive?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tonimichelle
Contributing MemberPosts: 675
Like?
Should anyone be fired for being too attractive?
7 months ago

I can't believe that this is really true...although, apparently it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/iowa-supreme-court-attractive-woman-firing_n_3586861.html
I think it's not saying a lot for men in general, and would hope that men are up in arms over this ruling too.  How many attractive women have you worked with and perhaps thought about in a sexual way?  I'm guessing that it has happened to quite a few men...human nature and all...but I'm sure just as many men have resisted the urge to start an affair and got on with their jobs....
No woman is sure of her job with this law...'cos as the old saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  The horny boss only has to say that because he thought she was attractive and that he had sexual urges that he wasn't sure he could control, therefor his marriage could be in danger of falling apart, he could fire her...

Ooooh, let's hope the guys who think this law is okay don't have a gay boss who thinks they are attractive and might jeopardise their relationship....Or does it only apply to married bosses...Bosses who are in long term relationships might be able to control their urges better....:-/

-- hide signature --

Toni

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow