Picked up an XF-1...right place at the right time.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SamTruax
Senior MemberPosts: 1,732Gear list
Like?
Picked up an XF-1...right place at the right time.
11 months ago

It's been a couple of years since I have had a Fuji and I have missed the great colors and flash exposure from their point and shoot cameras.

Anyway, I walked into Futureshop yesterday to pickup a projector and phone for the office and had to make a little stop in the camera department.  I noticed that the Fuji XF-1 was listed at $169 which seemed a great deal.  When I asked the sales person to confirm the price they said yes but it was the demo unit only and they could probably give it to me for a better deal than that...maybe $40 cheaper. I wandered off to think about it for a minute while I was picking up the other items and when I came back I checked it over good and offered $120 even + taxes and the environmental fee/tax.

Now that I have taken the time to think about it and have done some minor testing I think I may have stolen this one.  I can't even find a scratch on the LCD and the lens mechanism seems to work smoothly.

I can't wait to get to know this camera a better.  It will definitely go with me everywhere...it is the perfect size for a second camera.

-- hide signature --

Sam
'Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it... albeit probably in colour the second time around.'

SamTruax's gear list:SamTruax's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot G7 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G11 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow