(Almost) no Q7 in Germany - but I got one! :-)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philzucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,961
Like?
(Almost) no Q7 in Germany - but I got one! :-)
7 months ago

Phew, finally got a Q7+02 kit here in Germany for a reasonable price. I'll receive the package in the next days. I'm thrilled finally being able to try out the Q7! Hope the package will arrive safely and soon.

I thought I would have to wait much longer, because Pentax is not really selling the Q7 in the German market. They do it in other European countries, but not here.

I looked it up: The Q7 was announced on June 12th 2013 and immediately was available on amazon.com in the US. On August 28th it appeared on amazon.co.uk (UK), and beginning with September 12th it was sold at amazon.fr (France). But if you look at German amazon.de: still nothing, to this day. You'll find some marketplace sellers, most of them from Japan (makes it problematic if you run into warranty issues). You can order it directly from the German Ricoh/Pentax site, but only for the comparatively high official retail price (would be 549 Euros for the Q7+02 kit).

amazon.de is not the only one not selling the Q;  almost none of the major German online photo retailers do. And a lot of those retailers are certified by Pentax and sell all the other Pentax gear.

For the last few months I noticed only two online retailers in Germany that offered the standard Q7+02 kit at all - normally you have dozens or hundreds for every current camera model out there. Price was a bit less then the official retail price, but still too high for my taste. For others too, I guess - from the four kits offered for immediate shipping only one was sold at all.

A few days ago one of these two online retailers decided it was time to offer a major discount of the only Q7+02 kit they had, because no one was willing to buy it for the starting price.

Guess who pulled the trigger on this one ...

But I'm still not understanding what the aim of this "regionally not selling" policy is. My only idea is that Pentax expected to sell much more Qs and Q10s in Germany, shipped too many and are now waiting to clear out those before beginning to restock with Q7s. But since I got lucky, this is no longer of my concern. Phew again.

Phil

-- hide signature --
Pentax Q10 Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow