Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 653
Like?
Free RAW converter software.
9 months ago

Sorry in advance here if this sort of question has been asked before. I did do a little search on the site and didn't find exactly the info that I was looking for... so here goes:

Just bought a new camera (Panasonic GH2) and previous to this one I hadn't dealt with RAW conversion (my old cheap camera just produced JPEGS). I'm a graphic designer and use Photoshop a lot and am fairly savvy with software... I'd like to learn the whole process of RAW conversion now with my new camera and since I pretty much broke the bank buying the thing, I'm looking at free software that I might download to do the task. What, I wonder do folks recommend? I don't necessarily need something with really deep editing capabilities as unless there's something really unique about what the program can do with this stuff, I'll probably be doing that kind of thing in PS. I'm really just looking for something that's really flexible as far as the conversion step and isn't going to be that much of a learning curve for me. A tool that really gets the job done, ya know... I see that there's a number of options online and am bewildered by all of the choices. I'd really just like to download one that'll work for me rather than spend the time testing out half a dozen (or more) of these programs.

Thanks for your considered opinions...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow