Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 2,024Gear list
Like?
Returning to the fold, NX300 + Lenses
11 months ago

After going with E-Pens, Canons, Sigmas, an X100 and a long run with an A57, I'm coming 'home' to Samsung (former NX100 and 200 owner).

I've ordered a brown 18-55 OIS III (loved the 20-50 sharpness but want IS now that I've had it on some of my other rigs, and the III supposedly comes close). Now, which lens(es)? Trying to keep the budget as tight as possible. Wanted black, but the best deals were on the brown and white kits.

I do a lot of macro, low light, street and landscape with a smattering of birds and indoors. For long zoom I'm getting an m42 adapter to run my old but pretty sharp Accura 300mm. I think I'm looking at the 30mm f2 and possibly the 10mm, but not sure. I have an m42 Super Takumar... For macro I can cheat it a bit with diopters, but I'll miss the nice vintage Minolta 50mm macro on my A57.

Also ordered a brown anodized thumb grip and am buying an optic glass screen protector and half case. Sadly, it looks like the case selection has shrunk some since my NX100/200. I don't see a HorusBennu option and only one other than the Gariz seems to have battery access.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX300 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow