D600 + WU-1b + DSLR Dashboard = AWESOME!!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rick_Hunter
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Please take notice.
In reply to Colorado CJ, 3 months ago

I have been using DSLRdashboard (D600, Wu-1b, Samsung Galaxy Note) for quite some time, and these are my findings:

- Connection trough a usb cable works perfectly well, is very stable, and all functions work properly.

- Connection trough the WU-1b wifi is much, much more problematic: stability issues (sometimes connection is lost, sometimes app does not see the camera anymore, sometimes camera hangs up or misbehaves and need to be switched off and back on) and even some of the functions do not work correctly, for example focus stacking is handled beautifully trough the usb cable but does not work at all trough wifi: the camera only takes the first shot then nothing else happens.

One glitch that I've experienced trough both methods of connection (wired/wireless) is that every time I connect the camera to DSLRdasbhoard the exposure delay gets set to 3 seconds. When I disconnect the camera, even if I have selected 0 seconds on the app prior to disconnecting and/or exiting the app, the camera still remains set to 3 seconds. I have to enter the camera menu and set it back to 0

Rick_Hunter's gear list:Rick_Hunter's gear list
Nikon D3S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow