Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kendunn
Contributing MemberPosts: 748
Like?
WU-1B and D600 thoughts and experiences
8 months ago

OK, lets try this again, posted inadvertent in DX.

Purchased the above for a D600 knowing there were some issues, but I loved being able to use my Nexus 7 via USB OTG for a video monitor to focus for video recording since we all know how poor that is on this, if not most DSLRs, and wanted to cut the cord. I had read and noticed that DSLRDashboard has the option for the wu-1b now and I read reviews with the same set up I have that were favorable, but I am having issues. It works sometimes, but if you disconnect you have to restart the tablet. I have tried forcing the app to stop, reconnecting WiFi, etc, but nothing else works. I would like to hear others experience and also if there are other apps that might work (Nikon's is pretty useless). Like others have said this has so much potential but so poorly executed it isn't funny.

Also I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it is even worse.  I can't even get DSLRDashboard to work at all, even with OTG cable.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow