Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yursturly
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
AF-S or AF-C or Manual Focus in Static Photo Situations
11 months ago

I am old. My eyes just don't focus and accommodate like they did when I was under 40 yrs. Corrective measures help, but it's just not like the old days...

Many of our photos involve "static" images - stuff that is relatively motionless, like people posing, landscapes, rocks, flowers, and so forth. Of course, there are minimal movements (except the rock) from wind, waves, breathing, and so forth.

So, I ask this question. Let's say you have your camera on a tripod and you have the time to set up a photo, focus on it, pause long enough to check all the parameters (shutter speed, aperture, ISO), reframe the shot, then press the shutter release button. I add the given that this situation allows one to utilize the 2-second shutter release / mirror up feature. And, you can decide for yourself whether you like live view or the viewfinder.

For such shots, would you rely on the AF-S or AF-C in your Pentax DSLR, or use the manual focus option?

Thanks in advance for your vote

POLL
Use the AF-S feature
82.8% 24  votes
Use the AF-C feature
3.4% 1  vote
Use the Manual Focus feature
13.8% 4  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow