Does the GM-1 have a Macro setting in-Body ??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,853Gear list
Like?
Does the GM-1 have a Macro setting in-Body ??
9 months ago

My thoughts and feelings on the GM-1 in general are I think well enough documented on here and I do not want to get into that again. I have the very big 350-page Advanced User Manual for the camera and have studied that pretty well as much as I can.. but it seems to me so far that I just cannot see anything whatsoever as an instruction (as with about every other camera I've used) how to set for 'Macro' (the usual little flower icon thing...
Is there in fact such a setting on this camera.. or is it simply a feature of the camera WITH the 12-32 lens that comes with it as presently the only choice ?
Assuming that SOMETIME it may be possible to buy a Body only.. how then is Macro set when you may have quite different lenses on it.
Indeed the more I read of this large Manual.. the more I see quite a lot of references in it specifically to the 12-32 lens.. and I can't help but wonder if indeed this is ever intended to be a camera to be sold as Body only.. if so..how silly that the Manual you would get with a Body purchase would have such a lot of references to a lens which you would then likely not have.. and indeed have quite different lenses that would give different results in Macro mode.

I can well see a parallel here to the little EOS-M, which I'm sure was always intended to be sold as camera with lens.. or in some cases with Flash also... and it ended up as being split packs by many Dealers so that they could move more as Body only or as Lens only .. but never really a fully satisfactory arrangement .. indeed as it became..a bit of a dead-duck. I'm not sayting the two cameras here are a parallel in quality .. but this packaging does leave a lot to be desired.
However.. can anyone answer or explain better the MACRO query please... a feature I very much like and another reason why I have NO interest whatsoever in such as the 12-32 lens.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow