Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rodrigue Zahr
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Ethnic Belief on Phoenician Soil.
9 months ago

Last sunday, "same day I shot the refugees story, much discussed here" I was walking with a friend of mine on the streets of Batroun, a Phoenician city on the Lebanese Mediterranean, when we start seeing groups of beautifully and almost uniformly dressed Ethiopian girls , aggregating into one direction. We followed to discover that these beautiful ladies were rushing to a local small medieval Church where a special ceremony and a Mass was about to take place.

They leave their families, homeland and countries to go seek jobs in foreign countries. Here, to the Middle East regions, they come by thousands from many countries of Africa, Asia, Philippines and now even from the Tibet! Some cases of abuse and slavery are been announced and highlighted by social activists and local media, thanks to whom, things are getting better, employers are becoming more and more aware of the risk they run in case of any related law violation.

We, at ELLE levant magazine, we have our flags raised high in defence of this community, supporting them buy words and images whenever it's needed.

Thanks for watching and commenting if you feel so.

Rodrigue.

Rodrigue Zahr's gear list:Rodrigue Zahr's gear list
Leica X Vario Leica M9 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow