If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Forum ProPosts: 10,968Gear list
Like?
Re: Waiting for a while, good tbinking, EricN2
In reply to ericN2, 11 months ago

ericN2 wrote:

geoff -

I'm very pleased indeed to hear of another someone who enjoys the qualities of the Pannie 14mm Pancake. I see so many little dislikes of the lens by many others and for different reasons that I now just ignore them.. I KNOW that to me it is - or it gives me - a great deal more pleasure and satisfaction of shot , than the 20mm ever did. The latter is a VERY good lens..I'll not argue with that at all..but frankly in many ways the 14mm is better.
Of course basically it is all down very simply to WHAT focal length suits each one best - if you like shooting generally within this sort of FL .. I do .. I'd say maybe 90% or even more, of my pics I get with the 14mm and I never find it in any way disappointing. We re all different of course in the lens we think best - it isn't BEST usually it's what best SUITS us each..I'm happy with my fixed 14mm Pancake.. and that is simply why I don't want another one - the 12-32.. spending on something I don't really want is fruitless.

Spot on, ericN2.

Of course, you could use the 12-32 set on 14!    it would be not much over f3.5 at 14 and thus only one stop slower than the f2.5 14. Also bear in mind that the GM1 sensor is terrific, so losing a stop in speed is not so critical.

Another consideration is that it looks as though quite a few people might be interested in buying a 12-32 so there could be a chance of capitalizing on that in the open market, particularly when the price of the GM1 inc. lens comes down a little.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow