Used S100 or an S110 - Really a big difference?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian P Smith
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Used S100 or an S110 - Really a big difference?
11 months ago

I've been on the hunt for a nice pocket-able "point and shoot" that will allow me to take RAW files (I'm used to film, so this should be a fun venture...!), and after much debate and handling of cameras, I've settled on the S110, for many reasons. Now, my budget is less than desired, and will be for quite some time. To the point where ~50$ is a large difference to me; although I'd still like to be out shooting and taking photos. I was going to pick up an s110 for $219 on Amazon a few weeks back, but things changed and my budget had to take a hit for a while. I've seen some good prices on used S100s, and I'm wondering if there is that much of a difference between the 100 and 110 that I should wait a few months to recoup the budget vs buying a used S100 right now for around $170. Based on what I'm looking for in a camera, I don't think the IQ of either camera will disappoint me, and neither would "hold me back".

Just looking for some thoughts, I've read the bountiful comparison threads here and it seems to me 45% would say wait for the S110, 45% say go with S100, and 10% say grab a Mark 5

-- hide signature --

(Not the renowned photographer, just a pharmacist that likes to take pictures)

Brian P Smith's gear list:Brian P Smith's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow