If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,299Gear list
Like?
Re: If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...
In reply to gteague, 7 months ago

gteague wrote:

i don't care about the articulating lcd or the eyepiece finder very much--those items didn't influence my purchase of the gx7. i bought the gx7 as a replacement for my gx1 for basically one reason--i have oly lenses and the gx7 has stabilization.

but i bought a panasonic lens to use with the gx7 and paid $400 for it on ebay. it was the 12-32 off a gm1 which meant the guy who bought that kit got a very cheap body indeed. and it wasn't like he didn't like the lens (it has gotten very good reviews and a thumbs up from me as well), he just had another copy of it from somewhere else.

thus i say that if you have means to sell the lens you can get the gm1 body you say you want at a very good price as long as there is no major american outlet for buying the lens standalone.

/guy

-- hide signature --

"The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!" ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

Does the 12-32 kit lens OIS work when mounted on your GX7?  Is there an OIS switch on the 12-32 lens?

How would the 12-35 lens be stablized if mounted on an older Panny MFT lens?

Where is it set?  On the lens, or in the GX7 menu?

In other words, is the lens stabliized when mounted and shooting on the GX7?

That would make the lens stablized for shooting videos when attached to the GX7, correct?

How do you thnk the 12-32 IQ stacks up against the lengendary Panny 14-45?  Or does it even mattert to you?

Thanks.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow