Have NEX-F3: Any Reason to Consider A3000?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
larrytusaz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216Gear list
Like?
Have NEX-F3: Any Reason to Consider A3000?
11 months ago

I have a Sony NEX-F3 and the 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8 OSS, and Sigma 30mm f/2.8 (1st version).

I do like it & do well with it but lately I seem to tote around my Nikon J1 more often which I ostensibly got for my wife to use. I guess it's just lighter and easier to deal with.

I say this because I have seen someone selling the A3000 for $255 with the lens, and it tempts me, as it's a lot for the money. However, I am curious if anyone who's used it has any opinion on how its image quality compares to the 16mp series, and also thoughts on the LCD & EVF which I'm told is horrible. Also I am thinking that it would be a moot point for me if I've been so lazy as of late that even an F3 is more than I feel like toting (maybe I should consider the 3N or should've kept my previous C3?) as the A3000 is even bigger. I also am curious about its speed of operation. (I also have Lightroom 4 and figure I'd have to update to LR5 for RAW shooting.)

-- hide signature --

LRH

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Canon PowerShot A3000 IS Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow