Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,709Gear list
Like?
D700 iso100 weirdness
11 months ago

Today was first day playing with my new to me D700 + 105f2 DC. I was shooting alongside my D200 with a sigma 70mm f2.8 to see how they compare skin tone wise etc.

The lighting is setup for f2.8 at iso100 for the D200 so the first few frames with the D700 I used F4 iso200 which seems to give about the same DOF. So then I lowered the iso on the D700 to "low 1" which I though would be iso100 to see how this lens at f2.8 looks.

When I got home I was like WTH is this!? The ISO 100 shots have a big color shift, blow-out/ overcooked/ oversaturated/ posterized look to them. Is this normal and should I just never use this low 1 setting in the future? The only setting changed between the two shots was iso and f stop. Going to iso400 and f5.6 looks fine..

I am still working out the jpeg settings (need to tweak a bit to get where I want to be..) but these below examples will show the weirdness I am talking about. I was using the D2X picture control at the default 0 settings other than sharpness at 6. The raw file opened in CNX2, it didn't seen to change this weirdness trying different picture controls.

ISO 200 at F4 shot

Low 1 (ISO 100) F2.8 shot

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Nikon D2X Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow