Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OceanFroggie
Regular MemberPosts: 375Gear list
Like?
Mirror mirror on the wall . . .
7 months ago

For non pros, An interchangeable lens camera is box with a lens screwed on that records visual memories. Who really cares how the technology gets it from the lens to paper or an image file. The end results are all that matter.

It's not a religion. DSLR, Mirrirless, MILC, Compacts, new stuff coming down the tracks, etc, just end up making a consumer appliance to copy a vision. Mere tools. I'm happy to use the best value tool available right now, BUT quite happy to change to any better tool that might come along in the future once the old one no longer functions. Why do we all (myself included) don't just take more pics rather than getting caught up in a side show about technology. 90% of us probably only use 10% of our cameras capability. I'm a gadget guy myself but have to pinch myself now and then to get a grip and just take pics. I'm salivating over next gear buy and then wondering why I just don't use what I have till it doesn't take pics anymore.

Am I missing something?

OceanFroggie's gear list:OceanFroggie's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow