Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,835
Like?
DA16-45 vs. Sigma 17-50?
6 months ago

I know, this has probably been done to death.  But I'd like to hear from anyone who has used both.  Currently my 'travel kit' is K-01 + 16-45 + 55-300.  I have no problems with the 16-45; it's a fine little lens: not stellar but pretty good at everything.  But... I've read many good things about the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 (my sister has one on her Nikon and is very impressed) and I'm wondering if it's worth a swap to get the extra stop and quieter focussing. I would miss the extra wide mm sometimes... but would appreciate the extra stop sometimes.  The Sigma is around £300UK and I'd probably get half that back for the 16-45 on ebay.

(I have a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 as well so there's some overlap, but I tend not to take that when I travel - the 28-75 is the lens I use for shooting events at work and family gatherings - an ideal 'people' lens).

Any thoughts?  Probably I can't really go wrong with either but I thought I'd ask

Best wishes

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow