If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,716Gear list
Like?
Re: If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...
In reply to ChristophBarthold, 7 months ago

ChristophBarthold wrote:

Hi Eric, I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if I am repetitive...

IMHO it goes without saying that any manufacturer of ILCs ought to sell body only - and conversely make any lens available sans body. So you want the GX1 without the lens and I want the lens without the camera. If you want, pm me regarding a solution

Hi Chris -

It's got to be a lengthy thread but to put one thing right..you refer to the GX1..I have that already..it's the GM-1 which I was thinking of....UNTIL I found it not available as separates.. 
But it is now very clear that although I have NO desire at all for the 12-32 kit-lens..the Pancake 14mm IS my well preferred lens and will always be over any other kit-lens type..I just could not buy the BODY only...
Also - it is regrettable that I nowadays have no shops at all in my vicinity that I could actually see and handle the GM-1 in.. it is a very small body..smaller in fact than the RX-100 which I have..and THAT is small..so would I literally go happily with the GM-1 ??  that is why to a great extent I'm not at all happy at being forced to pay for a full kit I don't want..THEN if it became an option..go to the paraphernalia of packing and posting a lens to be sold.. just because I can't put my money down for the BODY only .. which I would want..

It's a no-no for me right now..I'm feeling less happy about it all and with the uncertainties of being happy with the Body handling etc.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow