Has anyone in UK had any dealings with this firm ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,699Gear list
Like?
Has anyone in UK had any dealings with this firm ?
6 months ago

http://www.tiptopelectronics.co.uk/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gm1-digitalcamera-2.html

Before I say more... looking through all the small print and everything that is openly quoted on the site...it does seem the case they they ARE at least Registered as a UK base Dealer .. AND have premises here.. which is a lot better than a few others of the type.
I'm sure it is fairly certain from what else you can glean from reading everything, that pretty well all supplies come direct from overseas .. and of course as with most others of like type..they give THEIR Warranty.. but since in my entire digital days I've fortunately perhaps never had occasion to fall back on any UK Warranty..there is a case for "does that matter SO much"..(if you remain lucky...)

But as seen..their price on the GM-1 is phenomenally good.. frankly I think this is an exceptional situation that perhaps proves what a rip-off in prices and profit margins do exist in the normal Dealer chains in UK.. which I'm sure accounts a lot for the very high prices we pay here.. VAT is not all of it , since the above and others like them of course still do pay VAT and it is included in their prices (ALL of which are still lower than 'normal' UK figures)
But as I spend a lot of time on the Internet and searching through varied photo sites and Dealers..AND I've used the PANAMOZ firm once before (bought my RX-100 from them) with every satisfaction.. it sure is a big attraction towards getting one of these GM-1's that I have to say..attract me a lot.. but NOT at usual UK prices..when - as I've already made clear in another lengthy thread here, I just do not want the 12-32... I wouldn't mind it (to sell off) at this price !!

By the way - although shown as in Silver..you CAN have the Black if you wish - the choice is available in the order/Basket options..

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow