Elements 12 and Canon 70D raw files - anyone got it to work?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Canonman99
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Elements 12 and Canon 70D raw files - anyone got it to work?
7 months ago

My wife has just bought a Canon 70D. Apparently she needs Elements 12 to process the raw files but after installing Mavericks (which is running fine) and then installing Elements 12 it still does not recognise the raw files. As far as I can ascertain from Google searches, she needs ACR8.3 not the v.8.0 to read the files, but this is only available for Photoshop and LR.

Has anyone had any success finding ACR8.3 on the confusing Adobe website and if so, does it work with Canon 70D?

Also, the other problem is Nik Efex do not show as plugin filters in the new Elements 12.

She's now downloaded DNG to convert to raw but this is just a kludge workflow and she hates it.

I've tried to convert her to using Aperture as I do which converts 70D and 60D files without problems, but she's entrenched in Elements with all its layers, etc, that she feels compelled to use.

Thanks for any input.

Canonman99's gear list:Canonman99's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow