What can you actually control via smartphone?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Re: What can you actually control via smartphone?
In reply to Erik Ohlson, 3 months ago

Fellwalker wrote:

As I take quite a few photos at ground level, or at full zoom, I am very interested in 1) saving my knees, and 2) stopping the wobble by using a tripod (but there is no remote release, just a timer that I use now).

Is there any chance of some more detail on this function and maybe even a separate section?

As more cameras introduce this feature, more or less fully, it will be very important to differentiate between those that offer mere shutter release and those that offer full control of all settings as well.

It would be very interesting to see some information on this, now that even a "travelzoom", the ZS40 will have Wi-Fi smartphone controls.

Anyone?

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Pretty sure the previous ZS30 had the same wifi implementation, this isn't new ground for Panasonic. Several of their higher end P&S and all their M43 cameras had pretty much the same exact NFC/Wifi feature set with minor variations (GM1 lacked NFC, some cameras couldn't stop video recording remotely, the P&S gain remote zoom control over the manual zoom M43 lenses, etc).

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow