Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deso
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
Large GAP between GM1 & GX7
3 months ago

Is it me, or is there a huge gap between the GM1 and GX7 camera's?
Unsuprisingly, that's the camera that I would want

I don't have a real use for an EVF, and the one on the GX7 protrudes from the body quite a bit.
If there would be an EVF, I'd like an implementation like the nex-7: almost flush with the body.
The GX7 is also a tiny bit bigger than I would like.
Then there's the GM1 which I almost bought actually.
But then there's the problem of size, certainly with larger lenses (the new panasonic 14-140mm is a must-have...and wouldn't fit on this body).
Also the lack of controls and dails is worrying me a bit.
Also a problem for me is the flash sync speed. I would need at least 1/100 flash sync, otherwise I don't see the point of having a flash?
I suppose the ideal camera for me is a GF-1 sized, GM1 styled camera with the GX7 sensor, GM1 build quality, GX7 flippy touch screen and GX7 stabilisation (or better).

You could say that the GF6 is that inbetween camera, but it isn't.
It doesnt have the same sensor.
It doesn't have the same build quality.
It just sits below these two top tier models.
There is the Olympus E-P5 which sits between these two models actually, but it's way overpriced.
Also the shutter shock problem puts me off.

Sigh

Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow