Panasonic image app and G6

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic image app and G6
In reply to Franz Weber, 11 months ago

Even if you could bulk transfer 800 shots over wifi, it might prove impractical because it'd take a good long while and would probably drain the battery before completion... You could experiment with the instant transfer mode if you travel with the iPad (and a few batteries).

Though for straight up backups the Apple camera connection kit or something that lets you transfer directly from the SD card might be more reasonable... I know there's some portable Wifi media sharing devices that allow for that if there aren't any straight Lightning to SD adapters.

I just use USB OTG with my Android devices, can screen backup and review the RAW files that way. Wifi's still nice to have, just not the most practical option for backups during a trip.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow