Just a couple of preliminary remarks on the GM1

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a couple of preliminary remarks on the GM1
In reply to Hen3ry, 7 months ago

Nice read, from a very practical point of view... I'm not in the market for the GM1 but I'm really interested in that little 12-32mm. Does that small resistance to extend it feel like it'll hold it back reliably? I know it's impossible to predict how it'll hold up over time but does it collapse securely if it's say, in your pocket (as mine would likely be if I'm using the 20mm etc).

Is the zoom ring travel pretty smooth? I know that's something that can also vary a little from copy to copy... Everyone seems to praise the recent 14-42 II over that, we've got two in this house and one's silky smooth yet mine catches or stutters a little towards 70mm, hardly the end of the world, just a little disappointing. I always intended to replace it with something like the 12-32 or 14-42 PZ anyway.

Distortion at 12mm seems like something I could easily live with... Just having a zoom ring and 12mm makes it much more desirable than the power zoom, to me at least.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow