Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tman
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Question for X Pro-1 / X-E2 owners
6 months ago

OK, I think bits and pieces of this topic lie scattered all over this forum, but I'm going to ask again because I'm about to make a  big change in gear so I'm a big nervous. After wanting to do this for years, the technology that Fuji has brought to market is leading me to sell off my big DSLR kit and downsize. I've got a couple of Fuji lenses on the shopping list... but am only getting one body.

I've handled both the X Pro-1 and X-E2. The Pro fits a bit better in my big hands, and I like the hybrid viewfinder, at least with the little I've been able to play with it. (I'm also just a bit put off by the EVF in the X-E2, but maybe that's just something I'd adjust to with practice).

But... I keep reading blogs/reviews by a lot of pros, including some on the Fuji "X" team. There is always hesitation surrounding what they have to say about the Pro-1.  "The resulting images are beautiful, but......"    So, what's the "but" with this this camera? Is the camera still laggy?  Are there still problems with focus despite the firmware upgrades?  Are there performance issues that are still notably irritating despite the Fuji firmware fixes?

I've also seen comments where some pros say they prefer the X-E2 over the Pro. I suspect it has to do with bugginess or laggy-ness in the Pro, but they don't really articulate what exactly it is about the X-E2 that they like more.

If any Pro owner has strong feelings about it one way or the other, I'd love to hear. I'd REALLY like to hear from anyone who owns both and you can speak fairly about the pros/cons of each body.

FWIW, I will be traveling quite a bit with the camera, doing a fair amount of street stuff and portraiture, a little landscape, maybe some studio stuff at home with monoblock lights. For the near future, I'm going to stick with primes only. (14, 23, and 60 ... or 56 if I can get one. :-). Yes, I know about the X100s, but I want lens options.

Thanks in advance. Whatever body I decide on is probably going to be it for some time to come, so I'm hoping to make an informed decision.

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow