Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
kenwklau
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks like K3 WB is off
In reply to awaldram, 11 months ago

awaldram wrote:

kenwklau wrote:

Thank you, Zvonimir! I like deep analysis in your posts!

Audrius

Hi Audrious,

With that yellowish cast on the K3 photo, I wonder if the SENt on it was set right.
--
Regards,
Ken

I'm surprised, as you gear lit includes k30 you make this remark.

As you should be aware Pentax believe the image should represent what your eyes see as such under artificial light they do not correct to the point the cast is daylight but leave some of the original ambiance.

This is another 'adjustable' setting and personally I think Pentax get it right, When shooting under candles I hate that 'shot in midday sun' look every other manufacturer seems to think is reasonable.

I first saw that with my new smartphone on which the OP's K3 photo looked very yellowish.  I do know what and how my K-30 render indoor lighting but I thought that was still too yellowish from "what an indoor lighting condition looks like in my mind".

Now on my 22 in LCD screen the K3's photo do look more natural than the Canon and Nikon.

BTW, the K-30 Auto mode setting will give a warmer than "what it should be appearance".

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ken

kenwklau's gear list:kenwklau's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Canon PowerShot G15 Pentax K-30 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow