Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mgn2
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't bother
In reply to David McGaughey, 8 months ago

David McGaughey wrote:

mgn2 wrote:

Any owned/used both? I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I have a NEX-6 with kit 16-50mm lens and the Sony 35mm and Sigma 30mm. I also have the Fuji X100 which I love.

I shoot jpegs only, and mostly baby/kids (fast), family, portraits, landscape.

What bugs me about the NEX: not enough affordable and fast excellent wide/normal primes, long menu, inability to set min. shutter speed and max ISO for Auto ISO mode (important)

Compared to the NEX-6 I want (1) AF at least as fast (2) same low-light performance or better (3) same IQ or better (4) size should not be much larger with lens attached. I typically don't carry multiple lenses around and happy to shoot with 1 excellent prime on the camera when outside. I don't plan to have more than 2-3 lenses total and prefer primes. Pocket-ability is important to me.

Should I switch to the X-E2? If yes, which lenses would you get?

Don't do it, unless you are really irked. Yes, the X-E2 is better for you. But it's only a little better. Not change-your-life better. It's rather expensive to flip between systems (though its lots of fun!).

The voice of reason! I am mildly irked perhaps but perhaps not enough to spend another $2k for a small improvement. I'm spoilt by the Fuji X100 form factor, but have a feeling I will be disappointed by the size of the Fuji X-E2 +14mm/35mm and might find myself not taking it everywhere with me. The way I see it, if you needs to carry a bag, you may as well get a small DSLR+fast prime, much cheaper, and far more versatile.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow