LR setup help needed

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
zim4321
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Re: LR setup help needed
In reply to Jim Hess, 6 months ago

Jim Hess wrote:

I would suggest that you check the Program Files folder on the SSD. How much space is it taking up? In your Lightroom catalog folder, how much is being used by the lrdata file?

You might check to make sure all of your drivers are up to date. Having an SSD and all that extra RAM doesn't seem to guarantee super performance in Lightroom. It's a mystery still, it seems. I'm using a HP i5 computer, 8 GB RAM, integrated graphics, Windows 7 64-bit, no SSD drive, just a basic off the shelf computer. I have no performance issues with it. So I'm not sure what's causing the problem on your system.

Thank you very much for the suggestions... I will follow up.  There is no performance problem, the PC runs great and churns thru everything I throw at it. I am almost out of space on my SSD which is my concern.  I was shocked when I started looking into at as to why the previews folder was so large.

zim4321's gear list:zim4321's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow