Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adriancollier
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
X100S Auto Focus
11 months ago

Hey all, I picked up a X100S a few weeks ago and I'm blown away. It's a fantastic little camera and for the past few weeks I've been shooting like mad with it. As a matter of fact I've been trying to come up with any excuse to use it as my primary camera. Before making the big jump I did a ton of research reading every review I could get my hands on. I read over and over that the auto focus was dialed in and for the most part I agree. I do however find myself not being able to trust the X100S autofocus for the important tasks where I need to get the shot.

While the auto focus is pretty quick and very accurate it's nothing like my 5D III. It's not even close thus my problem. I keep reading from the reviews that it can hold it's own compared to the DSLR I mentioned above and other similar DSLR's. Am I missing something? The two points I'm struggling with are a) speed and b) size of the auto focus point. Am I expecting to much from the camera or am I overlooking something?

Don't get me wrong, the camera is absolutely fantastic and the pictures I get from it make me very happy. It's going to take some time to make this awesome little tool an extension of my body but let's be real. When I need to get the shot I'm going to grab my 5D until the camera can prove otherwise.

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow