ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stoppingdown
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Doubts about NEX-6 video
10 months ago

Hi.

I've tried video recording with the NEX-6 and there are some things that I don't understand. Note that I'm not an expert of videos, I've done almost nothing in the past, I could do something in future.

Basically, I've tried a few seconds of footage with the NEX-6 from the tripod. Video settings: 1920 x 1080 (16:9 aspect ratio), PAL: 25 fps (progressive) - 25p. I've exported it to .mp4 from Lightroom 5 (max quality). Below you see a screenshot of the Mac OS X Quicktime Player, at full screen on my MacBook Pro (this means that it has been resampled at 1440 pixels horizontally). Now:

1. The resolution seems nowhere near 1920 x 1080
  2. There is visible moiré over the sea (visible as magenta patches over the blue surface)

Perhaps is it a problem with Lightroom? Or am I using it in the wrong way? I can't believe that the NEX-6 is responsible for this low quality.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Fabrizio Giudici
http://stoppingdown.net

stoppingdown's gear list:stoppingdown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +9 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow