Is This Normal for the 7100 ?? Long Night Exposure ...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Writer
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Is This Normal for the 7100 ?? Long Night Exposure ...
3 months ago

Hi Guys

Its been a while since I've been an active member of the forum, so long i had to make a new account haha .

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've had the D7100 for about 4 Months now and last night was the 1st time I have taken it out to do some long exposures at night (star trail type stuff) anyway, all looked good on the camera until i got home and viewed the images at 100%. As you can see by the image posted there is a lot of, what i believe to be "Hot Pixels" .I never had this issue with my D90 i could leave it open for ages and not get anything lime this. They're everywhere

The exposure time was @ 2 Mins 30 Seconds which to me isn't even that long ? ISO200 and Raw file type. I had it set up for a 1sec Delay between photos so that as soon as the mirror released it went back up for the next shot.

I guess my question is, has anyone had similar problems ? Or know what the problem I'm having is ? Could shooting Raw be the issue ? I don't believe it would matter ?. Was me delay time to short and not allowing the sensor to have a sec or 2 to cool down ? Exposure time too long ? I didn't have the Long Exposure Noise Reduction turned on, and don't want to have to have it on as the write time is just too long for star trails .

I'm hoping i don't need a sensor re-map or anything like that, its not like the pixels are actually dead as such and that someone can help me These "hot pixels" have never occurred before or don't show up at High ISO either ?

Anyway look forward to hearing some responses

Cheers

Ben

Ben Writer's gear list:Ben Writer's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow