What you do to avoid fog on lens in a humid conditions?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: What you do to avoid fog on lens in a humid conditions?
In reply to nihon94, 8 months ago

nihon94 wrote:

I have noticed when I enter "Green house"( in Japanese 温室. It is a place where temperature is high and there are some beautiful plants.) and when I take the lens cap off the camera lens become foggy. Some time I wait but some time I use lens cloth to get rid of fog quickly.;-)

But yesterday, there was a senior guy who told me that using shopping bag to keep camera inside and wait is best for the camera and lens.

I wonder if you guys could share your techniques what you do in situations like this?

Thanks in advance to all.:-)

When I have entered temperature/humidity extremes like a green house or air con, the first thing I do is open the top of the camera bag and carry on with walking around. This allows the camera to have a steadier transition before removing it to take the shot you want. As stated above, the longer the better, but this lid open techniques, means the camera has had a taste of the environment before it was removed from the bag. If i do have the time and i have entered a warmer environment i will just reach in and feel how cold the camera is before removing it. After a while of trial and error, you get to know what you can and can't get away with, just by how cold the camera feels..

-- hide signature --
 Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow