[DIY Fix] Fujifilm Fujinon 35mm f:1 4 XF R Loose Aperture Ring

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
siuleung
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Re: [DIY Fix] Fujifilm Fujinon 35mm f:1 4 XF R Loose Aperture Ring
In reply to yukosteel, 3 months ago

I just tried taking apart my 35mm. I felt really nervous, but I'm pretty handy and I have a good track record for getting things back together, so my curiosity got the best of me. Thanks Mokutaru for the video and instruction. The screws were all right where they should have been and getting inside was simple. However, as others have said, turning that gold screw did nothing to make my aperture ring tighter, so luckily I prepared a plan B and had a pencil eraser handy, per yukosteel. I took a sliver of the eraser, got it the right thickness to where I could stick it in that groove and feel a little bit of friction, then took the eraser sliver back out and wrapped it a couple times with electrical tape. It seemed to me that might make it a little more robust and solid. I stuck that back into the groove area and my aperture ring felt great, perfect amount of resistance, but still smooth and each click is still noticeable. It feels a lot like my 18mm now. Before, my 35mm ring was so loose I could turn it with the slightest pressure from one finger. Now a single finger can't even move it, I have to purposefully take two fingers to twist it. That's how it should have been all along, I think. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow