:R$ How to Import (ADD not COPY) a folder and its subfolder so that each folder/subfolder ends up in

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gene Goodman
Regular MemberPosts: 153Gear list
Like?
:R$ How to Import (ADD not COPY) a folder and its subfolder so that each folder/subfolder ends up in
6 months ago

Think my title says it all, but will try to be very clear.

PROBLEM:

Am converting to LR4 from another editor where the folder/sub folder structure is typically as follows:

FOLDER - contains original RAWs

SUB FOLDER contains edited JPEGs of the above RAWS

Since the edited JPEGs are already edited, would like to keep them in LR as well as the original RAWs;  THEREFORE:

Would like to import, via ADD, not COPY or MOVE, photos already on hard drive as well as the photos in sub directories.  BUT I would like to have the photos in the resultant collections retain the name and separateness of the original folder and it's sub folders.   ALSO would like to make sure that duplicates are imported even if they have the same name and ARE NOT near each other.

I suspect that LR4 can only import, via ADD into the previous import collection and mix all together, but hopefully I am in error.

Thanks

GENE

-- hide signature --

D7000 50mm f1.4g 50mm f.18g 60mm micro f2.8g 85mm fa.8g 18-200 VR I Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 OS DC EX HSM amron 70-300 Di SP Nikon SB800

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow