ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OnCam
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
anyone purcahase the 27 over the 35?
6 months ago

Hey guys,

Firstly i absolutely love everything about my new XE-2 & deciding about a prime to compliment my 18-55

I have used nikkor 35 1.8 previously on d7000 & loved it apart from the occasional tight framing situations where you wish you had more room to step back. but i loved the sharpness, low light performance & light compact form

I am debating about picking up the 27mm 2.8 as i feel the focal length might be more flexible & the length i wished the 35 was. It is however not as fast as the 35 however the xe2 iso capabilities would give me faith in using it in poor light. In bright light 2.8 might be as fast as you need with the shutter speed limits. The pancake size is very appealing to me for use as a lightweight one handed shooting compact option.

is the 27 a worthy prime? it does seem like there is a lot more hype over the 35.

anyone care to share their experiences or reason for purchasing the 27 over the 35 or visa versa.

OnCam's gear list:OnCam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow