ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick V
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
CV 75/1.8 or Pentax 77/1.8 FA Limited
8 months ago

Hi all,

Been looking at these two lens and trying to decide. Trying to fill in a focal length between my 50-ish mm and 90-100mm and above, with a "fast-ish" aperture, as I shoot in lower light quit a bit.

Have researched both lenses and have seen some fantastic images taken with both lenses. Trouble though, finding direct comparisons between the two that might shift me to one side or the other.

Have been using a NEX 6 for just about a year now and finding that, for me, physical LENS SIZE is a big factor, in what I enjoy shooting with and carrying around. I love the small form factor and using smaller, M/LTM/M39 mount lenses or the smaller SLR lenses (save for when I need a telephoto where I can't change physics, but my use of anything longer than say, 105mm-135mm, is few and far between!!).

So......

CV 75/1.8> 74mm long and 427g weight + small/thin LTM>NEX adapter

Pentax 77/1.8 FA Limited> 48mm long and 270g weight + BIG PK/K> NEX adapter

So with adapter, ON CAMERA, they are probably about the same physically......with the Pentax maybe being a little lighter.

Anybody with experience with both or either of these lenses on the NEX system (or even the new FF A7/R) ?

Thanks in advance for any advise, words of wisdom.

Rick

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow