Have a V1 & D90, pondering my next move..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chipplans
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Have a V1 & D90, pondering my next move..
3 months ago

Dear all,

I have a V1 that I really like (great IQ up until ISO 800 in color, BW up to 1600 but that's based on my taste) and I do love that lightning fast af. I also sport an old but low-ISO sweet D90.

Now, what's my next move? I need the following:

1. One little camera that basically follows me around. Normal to fast AF is a prerequisite. Normal but not class leading clarity in high ISO is considered a bonus.

2. A solid DSLR or other system where primes, zooms etc are in play i.e. an interchangable lens camera. Not going for less than APS-C (my apologies, all of you micro-4/3rd guys, this is just a reflection of taste, not sound rationale). Super ISO 3200 IQ needed.

I have a ton of NIKKOR's at home.

My next move?

I'd love a Fujifilm X100s and D7100 or D610 combo but I can't afford it.

NOW, here's what I'm thinking: just checked the low ISO spec's and raw images of a Nikon D3200, and was stunned how much better a ISO 3200 image was compared to my V1 or D90 (yes, I know, take it easy, there's a couple of generations of/or sensor sizes to take into consideration).

Why not go for the new D3300? Its small and portable, it beats the crap out of my D90 on almost everything, I can re-use my AFS primes (incl. the lonely 35 mm DX), and it blows my V1 out of the water IQ wise.

What do you say guys?

Regards,

Chipplans

Fujifilm X100S Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3200 Nikon D3300 Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow