Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seventn
Regular MemberPosts: 394Gear list
Like?
Sony 35mm 2.8 FE is going back...
11 months ago

Ok, before you think this is a negative thread, well, it's not. I love the lens and haven't tried any other lens that give me sharpness and 3d contrast like this one does.

Unfortunately, I am on a budget so I can't keep everything. If it were 2.0 AND had IS (OSS for Sony I think...) I would keep it. But my new Canon 35mm 2.0 IS gives me very good results and also a much closer minimum focusing distance.

As you probably know, in A mode, the A7r seems to want to live in the 1/60 range so in low light if I don't have the eve pressed against my face, I miss the shot. But with IS, I usually get the shot.

Too bad cause I really like the size, IQ and focus is great and spot on.

I have about 6-7 L lenses from Canon but I really want to get a least one native (FE) A7r lens. Maybe the 24-70 will be better as an all purpose lens for when I don't have much time to capture the shot...

I would buy all 3 but any $$ spent on FE can't be used with any of my other bodies (5DMKIII and 70D) but Canon is mostly fine on the A7r.

seventn's gear list:seventn's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Canon EOS 70D Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow