If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,683Gear list
Like?
Re: If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...
In reply to KwhyChang, 6 months ago

KwhyChang wrote:

Personally, I think you should keep the GX1, or if you must have a new cam, upgrade to the GX7.

The GM1 really doesn't add much to your GX1 except size, a new sensor, and a revised jpg engine. For me, I couldn't choose a cam limited by 1/500 sec. mechanical shutter.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Dave -

Thank you for that sobering and probably sensible thought  It's easy to get enthused about a new camera.. and the GM-1 DOES have a few things going very much in its favour truly..for me at least.. as I nowadays look for and better enjoy a camera with the right quality but also with the ease and comfort of carrying (for which I always use a neck cord with single point fasten to camera but around my neck and instantly ready when needed) - the GM-1 does seem to have all the right qualities when it comes to carryability  ..   but of course it really IS the case of whether or not the cost is truly justified when I'm perfectly happy wit the GX1 I have already...  I think I'll wait and see what happens to prices in the coming months...

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow