If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,145Gear list
Like?
Re: If the GM-1 was sold as 'Body only' I might be tempted ...
In reply to ericN2, 11 months ago

Ulric -

As I see it..my Pancakes (20mm and 14mm) are certainly not any bigger I'm sure and I'm more than sure they're a lot better than the kit-lens.. as usual a poor f3.5 at best isn't it..and a zoom I don't want..   Frankly it looks to me very much like the old 14-42's they used to use as starters.. not very good and really very little value or attraction if you wanted to buy the kit then sell-on..I certainly wouldn't expect to get much at all for it (the lens) on the UK market.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Either the UK market is very different, or you're vastly underestimating how much you can get for that 12-32mm... There IS some demand for it, just look around these forums, though if it's gone on sale by itself already in Europe you might get slightly less than you would here in the states... Even so, should still be able to get enough off it to account for a good 25% discount on the current GM1 price tho (going by US prices, not sure how much higher it's marked up in EU).

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow