Who is using the 20mm f/1.7 lens on their GM1?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 696Gear list
Like?
Re: Who is using the 20mm f/1.7 lens on their GM1?
In reply to Jennyhappy2, 3 months ago

I guess I'm bass ackwards... I'm using the 20/1.7 on my GF6 but I really want that 12-32mm to complement it, even though the new 14-42mm kit zoom is really small (barely larger than the Oly 45mm) and hardly telescopes out...

The 14-42 is still not pocketable in the way these pancakes are, and the GM1's kit zoom is usefully wider. If I'm making room in my tiny bag for any larger lenses it's either my 45mm and/or a future 9-18mm. The 12-32 & 20 can free you up from even carrying a bag tho.

Originally I was set on buying the 14-42 power zoom but the wider focal length and zoom ring on the 12-32mm sold me... I'm just waiting for it to be officially available stateside, though I'm losing patience and I've seen it on Ebay for $320 (split kit) which is mighty tempting.

I think that's $30 less than Panasonic intends to sell it for... Has anyone had issues with it extending out by itself while in a pocket or anything like that? Just curious, only thing about it that worries me a bit (long term, specially if I buy it without a US warranty).

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow