Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeicaBOSS
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
50 'Lux ASPH + A7r. "Wide Open" at IKEA
7 months ago

After picking up the 50 'Lux APSH and shooting for a month, I realized almost none of my photos were taken at f/1.4. Perhaps it felt too scandalous or extravagant.

Realizing that by denying myself the joy of f/1.4, it was like eating the cake and leaving the icing. So, I headed to IKEA, slammed the aperture ring to f/1.4 and left it there. The results are snapshotty, but certainly convinced me that f/1.4 is nothing to be shy about.

These are a few of the results:

ISO 125. 1/5000sec. f/1.4 -- A7r + Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH

ISO 800. 1/125sec.f/1.4 -- A7r + Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. B/W due to terrible mixed lighting.

ISO 320. 1/200sec. f/1.4 -- A7r + Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH

ISO 1000. 1/2000sec. f/1.4 -- A7r + Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH (Trying out higher ISOs)

ISO 100. 1/5000sec. f/1.4 -- A7r + Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH (Significant crop)

The irony of using an exorbitantly priced 50mm prime lens at a notoriously "cheap" discount store did not elude me. And, yes. The meatballs were delicious.

-- hide signature --

From time to time, I point my camera at the right things. This is generally when I forget everything I've learned.

LeicaBOSS's gear list:LeicaBOSS's gear list
Leica M9 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EOS M Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +17 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow