NEX-6 vs. X-E2

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,052
Like?
Re: NEX-6 vs. X-E2
In reply to mgn2, 11 months ago

mgn2 wrote:

Any owned/used both? I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I have a NEX-6 with kit 16-50mm lens and the Sony 35mm and Sigma 30mm. I also have the Fuji X100 which I love.

I shoot jpegs only, and mostly baby/kids (fast), family, portraits, landscape.

What bugs me about the NEX: not enough affordable and fast excellent wide/normal primes, long menu, inability to set min. shutter speed and max ISO for Auto ISO mode (important)

Compared to the NEX-6 I want (1) AF at least as fast (2) same low-light performance or better (3) same IQ or better (4) size should not be much larger with lens attached. I typically don't carry multiple lenses around and happy to shoot with 1 excellent prime on the camera when outside. I don't plan to have more than 2-3 lenses total and prefer primes. Pocket-ability is important to me.

Should I switch to the X-E2? If yes, which lenses would you get?

Shooting jpg and wanting fast primes is right in the Fuji X wheelhouse but I think it would help if you could provide a few more details.  You say pocketability is important - are you ok with a larger zoom or are looking to go all primes and not replace your 16-50 zoom?  Also, what prime focal lengths are you planning to use?   And do you value the OSS in the Sony 35 (I don't think the Fuji prime will have this)?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow