What are the benefits of using Leica/Zeiss/Voigtlander lens on Fuji X system?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobvarakrit
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
What are the benefits of using Leica/Zeiss/Voigtlander lens on Fuji X system?
3 months ago

Hi all,

I have been reading and searching a lot about this topic on the internet for the past few weeks but i havent seen any conclusion to this answer.  I currently own 5dmkII which i rarely used since I have got Fuji x-e1 with 18-55mm and 35mm 1.4.  I am very happy with the performance of Fuji xe1 and its weight.  Recently, i have started looking into manual lens such as Zeiss, Leica, and Voigtlander to be used with Fuji x-e1.  So i did some research on the compatability and performance.  That is when my questions arise.

1) Using manual lens, regarding of the brands, depending on the range of the lens, it seems that Fuji lens at that certain range is performing optically better (sometimes without even considering the price comparison).  So why are there people who still go out to buy manual lens to use with Fuji X system?

2) If using m mount manual lens give out better picture, what are the lens that are available out there that are better optically when compared to Fujinon lenses that are available?

I guess that sum up my questions.  The reason i'm asking these because I got to play around with manual lens like Zeiss 50mm 2.0 Makro whatever the name is on my Fuji xe1.  And for few minutes I was trying to focus manually with the lens, I feel that it was fun.  And the lens look really good on the camera.  But I just want to be able to justify the cost of the lens so I won't feel as guilty when I buy it.  Like if the mentioned zeiss lens (or any other brand) is better than Fujinon lens (sharper, gives better iq, and what not) then I can tell myself that and go buy the lens.
But if people buy expensive lens (compared to Fuji lens) just because they like the look of the lens on the camera, or like the brand, without the lens performing better, then maybe when i buy all the lens i want from Fuji, i will go buy one of these Leica/Zeiss lens to make myself feel good too, but it just wont be now.

I hope i'm not confusing you guys since English is not my first language.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow