best camera for depth of field (or lack of)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
archytect
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
best camera for depth of field (or lack of)
7 months ago

I've had a Canon SD750 for the longest time. It's taken the best pictures partying and traveling. I have this thing where I'd travel to a famous monument like the leaning tower of Pisa for example and take some perspective shots of me holding it in my hand. I've since upgraded a bit, having a Canon t4i and a Canon S100. They're amazing cameras but I can never get the f-stop right to have everything in focus (either my hand's in focus on the tower is). 
The SD750 took these pictures perfectly, and it's like $30 on ebay. 
My question's for you experts, is there something different I should be doing with my dslr or s100 to achieve the same thing? if not, what's the closest upgrade to the SD750? I remember many saying its CCD was the sweet spot and most of the newer PowerShots, while with upgraded specs, just didn't compare to the SD750.

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon PowerShot SD750 (Digital IXUS 75) FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow