X100(s) and X-Pro1 owners, what is your usage ratio between OVF and EVF?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
mplkn
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: X100(s) and X-Pro1 owners, what is your usage ratio between OVF and EVF?
In reply to iau, 11 months ago

iau wrote:

I'd say I mostly just use the LCD screen, then the OVF some. The EVF hardly every. May have tried it, but it's not something I use.

Not sure why I "prefer" the LCD over the OVF as I prefer OVF like on a DSLR, but I guess I have become used to just use the LCD on smaller cameras. Besides, the hood blocks part of the view.

It's much as with waist-level finders on medium format gear. There's just something to be said for composing using two eyes looking at an image on a surface at a comfortable viewing distance.

I have the feeling that this approach, by not blocking one's entire view with the camera itself, lends some of the context back to the framed picture in the finder, restoring some of that larger contextual view so often cited by those of us who really like the OVF.

Best wishes,

Michael

mplkn

mplkn's gear list:mplkn's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
fujiNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow